When you want your gifts to really matter, there's one gift you can always count on to save the day - it’s the gift you give to AINU. Please make a donation today.
"Creating a world that is truly fit for children does not imply simply the absence of war. It means having the confidence that our children would not die of measles or malaria. It means having access to clean water and proper sanitation. It means having primary schools nearby that educate children, free of charge. It means changing the world with children, ensuring their right to participate, and that their views are heard and considered. It means building a world fit for children, where every child can grow to adulthood in health, peace and dignity."
The idea of this project came about realizing the significance of the dangers affecting our environment. The project targets schoolchildren. Being the largest group in Ugandan society, they have considerable impact. The project includes eight schools, including private, governmental & community groups.
The project is aimed at advancing Uganda to the informational open society and increasing people’s civil activeness by disseminating and applying in the activities of environmental organizations of Uganda the experiences from other countries of cooperation between the people, local self-government bodies, and environmental services for practical provision of the right to obtain environmental information and to improve the environmental safety of living conditions.
Goals of the project:
The project is aimed at involving women and youth in Uganda in public management of environment; disseminating international experience of people’s participation in improvement of environment of their city and home; legal support of environmental initiatives.
For this purpose it is planned to create "We and the Environment" Information and Advice Center, to hold series of regional round tables and international teleconferences, to hold the ´Legal Provisions of Obtaining Environmental Information and Improvement of Environmental Conditions of People’s Lives international seminar in Kampala.
Help Protect Our Environment and Build Future Conservation Leaders by Making a Gift Donation to AINU Today!
- You can make a difference to youth. We work with youth volunteers, including those who are at-risk and disadvantaged, to help them build leadership skills and gain empowerment to make a difference in their communities and in the world.
- You can make a difference in youth education. Kids and teens are eager to help save the environment but they need mentor-ship, supplies, and support that only your donation can provide.
- You can make a difference to our environment. Our programs facilitate youth development and result in a cleaner and safer environment for wildlife and for the health and enjoyment of future generations.
- You can make a difference to our world that will last for generations. When you give to AINU, you can be assured that you are giving wisely to an environmental charity that is committed to making your donation directly benefit youth, wildlife, and our environment.
- You can make a difference every day by reducing the environmental costs of plastic and paper bags. Get a large Paper bag or mat bag made in the Uganda
There's no paycheck at the end of the day and no retirement or health benefits either. So why do we and why should we volunteer? Two big reasons: You and We. You benefit by doing something that needs to be done and feeling good about what you've accomplished. We (the collective we) benefit by making the world a better place for everyone. Whether your cause is social or environmental, find out what makes you say "things could be better" and go out and make it happen! Its important to be a volunteer to understand that it is possible to make a difference and that you aren't alone in your quest.
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one.
- John Lennon -